CCC Website User Guide (v1.3)
- Downgrade Yahoo Hosting account. I talked to Yahoo and they said you can downgrade your account to just Business email but you have to call support to get that done. When you have time go here: https://www.luminate.com/contact and it asks you to select a category and you should select BILLING AND ORDERING > CHANGING OR CANCELING YOUR PLAN > UPGRADING AND DOWNGRADING from there tell them you want to downgrade your hosting account to just Business Email. Stress to them you want to be sure to keep your existing email or have it port over to thenew account.
- Consolidate domain names. You currently have three different places you have to manage domain names. Let me know if you want to move them all to one/
- InMotion hosting. You are paying for hosting and domain on ccartprojects.com. If you no longer need this hosting, you should cancel or make sure not to renew this account. You can move this domain name somewhere else if you want to keep it.
Basic Understanding of Squarespace
Logging into Squarespace: You can visit chandracerritocontemporary.com and hit the ESC button to login or go to this URL: https://chandra-cerrito-0jkg.squarespace.com/
Squarespace is made up of various types of Pages. There is a link in the Resources section that explains each type and how to create and move them. The most confusing are the Index Pages and Folder Pages. Index Pages organize multiple Pages into a single location. We are using Index Pages for the Artists page. This page displays thumbnails that go to the individual Artist pages. Folder pages are used to create a drop-down. We are using a Folder page for the Exhibitions, About and Announcements.
Working with Pages requires learning how to working with Blocks. It's pretty intuitive but you should read up on them in the RESOURCES section below. Blocks can be Text or Galleries or Images. You learn to create, delete, move and resize them.
Notes on Images
- Image don't need to be any larger than 1500px in either direction.
- Image Titles and Descriptions should be entered in the Description text box to keep them on one line.
How the site is organized
Once you login, hit PAGES from the menu. This is where you'll find the outline for your site. It is arranged as TOP NAVIGATION and NOT LINKED as top level sections. Below that are the Pages that make up the main Menu:
- ABOUT: Folder contains Pages
- EXHIBITIONS: Folder contains Links to the Index Pages detailed in the Notes for this Page.
- ARTISTS: Index contains Pages for each Artist
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Folder contains and ARTISTS page and the Events
- SHOP: Contains Products
- CONSULTING: Folder contains a Page for ABOUT CCAA and then Links to Index Pages detailed in the notes for this page.
Notes about the EXHIBITIONS page
I have links in this folder which go to Index Pages in the NOT LINKED section. You can move Exhibitions from one Index to the other as needed. For example, when a Exhibition ends, just move it from the CURRENT EXHIBITION Index to the PAST EXHIBITION Index.
- CURRENT: Links to CURRENT EXHIBITION Index
- PAST: Links to PAST EXHIBITION Index
- FUTURE: Links to FUTURE EXHIBITION Index
- ART FAIRS: Links to ART FAIRS Index
Notes about the ARTISTS page
This Index contains Pages for each Artist. Each Artist page has a Gallery Block and all the Gallery Blocks are found in ARTIST GALLERIES in the NOT LINKED section.
- The thumbnails that appear on the ARTISTS page are chosen under the settings for each individual Artist's page, NOT the Artist's gallery.
Notes about the CONSULTING page
I have links in this folder which go to Index Pages in the NOT LINKED section.
- HEALTH CARE
- PUBLIC ART
Notes about the GALLERIES
I have separated all the Galleries in Index Pages in the NOT LINKED section. There is an Index Page for EXHIBITION GALLERIES and ARTIST GALLERIES.
- You should create a Gallery in the appropriate index before you create an Exhibition or Artist page.
- Naming convention for Galleries is "(Exhibition Title) Gallery"
Step by step instructions
Creating EXHIBITION pages
From this point, Exhibitions pages will most likely be created in the Future Exhibitions Index in the NOT LINKED section. Before you create an Exhibition with a gallery, it would save time to create a Gallery first. Once you've done that, follow the steps below.
You have the option to duplicate an existing page; this is the quickest way to create a Page that's already formatted like the others. The only kinda drag part is you have to replace all the existing content on that duplicated page as well as change a few configuration settings.
- You duplicate a page by clicking the gear icon next to any Exhibition page. When you click that, a window will pop up and you scroll down the window to the bottom to find the DUPLICATE PAGE button. Click that and once you do, the duplicate page will appear in the list of pages.
- Once you've duplicated the page, a new page will appear at the top of the NOT LINKED section and it will prompt you to rename it. Do that and then you'll need to drag and drop that new Exhibition into the FUTURE EXHIBITIONS Index.
- From there you'll need to replace all the content on that page. Changing the Title and text content is pretty straigthforward. The image and the gallery are a little different
- Hover over the Image and click EDIT and it'll bring up a window where you can remove then upload a new image to replace it. Once you do that, you will need to hit APPLY and then you can click the caption to replace that.
- Changing the Gallery is pretty easy, hover over it and hit the EDIT button. Form there you can hit the USE EXISTING GALLERY tabe and choose the Gallery that you created for this Exhibition.
- Go Edit Gallery/design tab to be sure the work opens as separate light box with titles showing, or be sure 1:1 square ration is checked.
- Save and you're done.
- Step One
Creating Artists pages
- Step One
- Adding Pages to your navigation: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205814778
- Building a Page: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543687
- All about Images: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206733028
- Creating a text link: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543827
- Index Pages: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543817
- Adding Thumbnails to Index Pages: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543017-Index-Page-thumbnail-images
- Working with Blocks: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543757
- Moving Blocks: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543987
- Gallery Blocks: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543407
- Organizing Content: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543897
- Adding Products: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811338
- Linking Facebook Account: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543537